More reasons for travelling with one travel bag.
In addition to the usual suspect reasons to travel with one bag, the lean team came across a few more less common cited reasons compiled during their travels and will like to share them with you.
- Boutique accommodations with no elevators or lifts
- Less anxiety by not being separated from your things, which you have to with check-in bags.
- Travel credibility. 1 bag travel is not for everyone. It’s an artform & needs high level of planning and organisation!
- Extra space utilization in transport, hotel rooms etc
- Extra luggage limits ability to hire the smallest car or take public transport
- Avoid standing out as a tourist with a check-in bag in-tow
- Bigger bags means bringing more and more time spent packing
- No extra bags to lug around when waiting to until 14.00hrs to check-in to your hotel. Not all hotels let you leave your luggage with them while you traipse around town to while away some time
- Altruistically – more bags means heavier and more fuel use by airplanes, increasing our carbon footprint
- An extra hinder during flight connections of needing to re-checkin, especially if time in-between flights are tight
- It forces you to prioritise and choose. Laptop AND tablet AND iPhone? Really?
- More bags, mean more to look after and more vulnerable to misdeeds
More common reasons for traveling with one bag:
- Avoid check-in baggage fees
- Eliminate check-in time
- No waiting at luggage carousel
- Potential lost, damaged and mishandled bags
- Cumbersome with extra bag to deal with and look after
- Mobility especially when using many modes of transport or long distances between destinations and crowded conditions
- Security issues with checked-in luggage e.g. theft, TSA approved locks etc.
- Ergonomics of handling multiple bags
- Extra trolley and/or porter fees
- Higher chances of customs bag search on check-in bags
- Bigger bags induces more shopping
- Quick to repack and more mobile, especially for short stays between multiple destinations